Outreachy has announced applications will open February 1st for their next round of internships that start May 2021. If you’re in an open source project interested in mentoring students, sign up here. Details about the internships:
- remote internships with communities located around the world
- diversity is supported: “We expressly invite women (both cis and trans), trans men, and genderqueer people to apply. We also expressly invite applications from residents and nationals of the United States of any gender who are Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American/American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander.”
- mentors from the community provided
- 3 months in duration
- interns are paid $6000 USD
- projects include programming, user experience, documentation, illustration, graphical design, data science, project marketing, user advocacy, or community event planning
Interested in knowing more about Outreachy internships? Sign up for the Outreachy announcements mailing list. Outreachy is also looking for sponsors.