Course Categories: CS0/Non-majors | Project Management | Social Issues & Professional Practice | Software Engineering & Process |
FOSS Categories: Tools & Communication |
This POGIL activity will help you learn about estimation techniques, and specifically story point estimation.
After successfully completing this activity, the learner should be able to:
* Explain the importance of estimation and associated challenges.
* Apply story point estimation to professional and personal projects.
* See difficulty of accurately estimating tasks in an unfamiliar domain.
* See value of focusing on relative difficulty, not absolute.
* See value of using experience to improve estimates over time.
* Evaluate the risks associated with tasks in a story point estimate.
Source: Clif Kussmaul
Return to Teaching Materials