From Teaching Open Source
 POSSE APAC
- The Open Source Initiative picks up on the POSSE APAC announcement in a post by Alolita Sharma.
- India Info Online: Red Hat Announces First Open Source Boot Camp In Asia Pacific
- Cybermedia India Online Limited: Red Hat Announces POSSE in APAC
- EFYTimes: Red Hat Announces The First Open Source Bootcamp In Asia Pacific
- ITWire (Sam Varghese): Red Hat boot camp for FOSS teachers - "The world's biggest free and open source software company will hold a boot camp in Singapore next month for those who teach courses in open source software at institutes of higher learning."
- Scoop NZ: First boot camp for open source teachers
- Dt.co.kr: Red Hat Announces First Open Source Boot Camp in Asia Pacific (in Korean) - English translation: "Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the first Asia Pacific Professional Open Source Software Experience (POSSE), a boot camp for lecturers teaching open source courses in institutes of higher learning. It will be held in Singapore from 9 to 13 November 2009 and is expected to attract over 40 open source lecturers from ASEAN countries, Greater China, India, Korea and Australia. POSSE is designed to immerse the lecturers in the global open source community and in real world open source development projects. It is part of Red Hat’s Asia Pacific Open Source Collaborative Innovation (OSCI) initiative to build vibrant open source communities for collaborative innovation. Within the first year, Red Hat aims to offer training at up to 60 educational institutions, through localised POSSE sessions in each country. Mr. Gery Messer, President of Red Hat Asia Pacific / Japan, said: “POSSE will provide an immersive environment for the lecturers to experience the power of collaboration, community and shared knowledge that is fundamental to open source. The long term goal is for the lecturers to bring their real-world experience into the classroom and to encourage their students to participate in actual community-based, open source development projects.” The program for POSSE includes intense participation in selected open source projects led by open source experts. Participants will acquire the skills to write and contribute source code, conduct rigorous debugging and testing as well as learn how to package software for the open source community. POSSE was introduced in the United States in July 2009 and is known as Professors Open Source Summer Experience."
- Datanet.co.kr: Red Hat Announces First Open Source Boot Camp in Asia Pacific (in Korean)
- Acrofan: Red Hat Announces First Open Source Boot Camp in Asia Pacific (in Korean)
- Kbench: Red Hat Announces First Open Source Boot Camp in Asia Pacific (in Korean)