Welcome to TeachingOpenSource.org
Open Source is becoming a dominant development model in the software industry. The next generation of software developers, computer scientists, system administrators, analysts, and build engineers need to understand Open Source and must be able to work efficiently within Open Source communities.
This is a neutral collaboration point for professors, institutions, communities, and companies to come together and make the teaching of Open Source a global success.
As a collaboration point, this initiative depends on your participation.
Create and edit pages, debate new educational approaches, collaborate on teaching materials, form alliances and partnerships, develop new funding models, and teach the world how to do Open Source.
Learn more about TeachingOpenSource.org
- POSSE 2014 - Philadelphia - Includes online activities and a face-to-face event in Philadelphia May 28-30, 2014.
- SIGCSE 2014 HFOSS Pre-Conference Meeting 9:00 – 5:00, Wednesday March 5th, 2014, Atlanta, GA, lunch will be provided for registered participants. Registration and Details
- Teaching with HFOSS to Provide Students with Real World Experience: An Introduction, SIGCSE 2014 Workshop, 7:00 - 10:00 p.m. Friday, March 7th, 2014, Atlanta, GA.
- Teaching Open Source (Software) SIGCSE 2014 Birds of a Feather Session, 6:10 - 7:00 PM Thursday, March 6, 2014, Atlanta, GA.
Recently past events
- oss2012 The 8th IFIP International Conference on Open Source Systems: Hammamet, Tunisia, 10-13 September 2012
- Open World Forum, Paris, October 11-13
- The 11th Free Software and Open Source Symposium (FSOSS), Seneca College, Toronto, October 25-26, 2012
- 3rd iCTLT 2012 - Singapore March 27-30, 2012
- SIGCSE 2012 - Raleigh NC, USA, 29 February-3 March 2012
- Open Source Innovation Catalyst 2011 - Paris, France November 24, 2011.
- FSOSS/Linux Fest 2011 - Toronto, ON - October 27-29, 2011.
- FOSSa 2011 - Lyon, France, 26-27-28th October 2011'.
- FIE 2011 - Rapid City, SD, October 12-15, 2011.
(see also other events)
Current blog posts
See more posts on the Planet.
Add your own blog to the Planet Feed List.