To nurture a community of educators, students, FOSS communities, and other partners to share best practices for teaching open source principles, methods, and culture.
- Prepare instructors to empower students to participate in open source projects and communities
- Serve as a source for teaching materials, as well as a focus for community relations and advocacy, to support student involvement in open source
- Communicate information about events and funding opportunities related to teaching open source
- Advocate for use of best pedagogical practices and open source principles in education
- Increase the visibility of open source in education
- Introduce students to humanitarian free and open source software (HFOSS) and the broader social benefits of the open source movement