- CROSS Symposium September 19, 2021On October 11-14, 2021, the Center for Research in Open Source Software (CROSS) will hold its 5th Annual Research Symposium — this will be a completely online event. Check out our preliminary agenda.Registration is now open. This year there is no registration fee.This four-day online Symposium will provide an opportunity to learn ...
- Open source will boost economy and increase digital autonomy, EU study says September 8, 2021BRUSSELS, 6/09/2021Today, the European Commission published a study on the impact of open source software (OSS and open source hardware (OSH on the European economy, conducted by Fraunhofer ISI and OpenForum Europe. Full report is available here. The study estimates that open source software contributes ...
- RIT Establishes Open Source Programs Office September 4, 2021Rochester Institute of Technology is creating an OSPO! RIT is in the process of creating an Open Source Programs office. Details are provided in the Opensource.com article.
- Open Doors X Open Source August 21, 2021Update!!! The Atlanta University Center Data Science Initiative was the recipient of a recent grant from the Alford P. Sloan Foundation titled Open Doors X Open Source to infuse Open Source Software Development programming across the consortium. Principal Investigators Drs. Talitha Washington and Kinnis Gosha ...
- Clinic for Open Source Art July 1, 2021The Clinic for Open Source Arts (COSA) at the University of Denver is a center that supports the creation of free, open source tools for creativity. COSA: Contributes to ongoing efforts to create and share digital arts using open-source digital tools. Creates cross-disciplinary projects with University of ...
- OpenUK Kids Camp! May 24, 2021OpenUK is offering a Kids Camp in July/August 2021, sponsored by Red Hat. The first camp took place 10-31 August 2020. OpenUK has made all content available to be used on an ongoing basis and freely downloadable via this web page. The camp delivered 10 ...
Blog posts from TOS Members
- Open and Online Educationby Heidi Ellis on January 10, 2021 at 4:08 pm
I really appreciate Bryan Behrenhausen. Bryan is a community architect in the Open Source Program Office at Red Hat. […]
- Open Source Community and Socially Distanced Educationby Heidi Ellis on December 29, 2020 at 11:11 pm
My Software Engineering class has come to a close and I’m turning my attention to the Capstone class this spring. The […]
- Leveraging COVID-19 in the Classroomby Heidi Ellis on July 12, 2020 at 6:46 pm
As the summer progresses, I’m finding a new rhythm to preparing my fall classes. It is clear that even though my […]
- Chatting with Studentsby Heidi Ellis on June 9, 2020 at 10:24 pm
The Western New England Center for Teaching and Learning is running a series of Zoom seminars on online tools that can […]
- 11th NSF Funded POSSE!by Heidi Ellis on March 31, 2019 at 9:50 pm
The foss2serve team hosted the 10th NSF-funded POSSE (Professors’ Open Source Software Experience) workshop in […]
- TOS Holds a Sprint to Develop FOSS Coursesby Greg Hislop on June 29, 2018 at 5:05 pm
A team of faculty involved with TeachingOpenSource (TOS) are working on four Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) […]