- OpenUK Kids Camp! May 24, 2021OpenUK is offering a Kids Camp in July/August 2021, sponsored by Red Hat. The first camp took place 10-31 August 2020. OpenUK has made all content available to be used on an ongoing basis and freely downloadable via this web page. The camp delivered 10 ...
- Adjunct Position Teaching Open Source – Brandeis University May 14, 2021Brandeis University’s Graduate Professional Studies (GPS) is looking for an industry expert in the Open-Source Software community to design and teach in the new Open Source Technology Management (OSTM) suite of course offerings. The specific need is to teach RMGT 290b: Open-Source Community Development Course description: ...
- Student Summer Research Opportunity April 9, 2021The Center for Research in Open Source Software (CROSS) at the University of Santa Cruz is now accepting student proposals for their Open Source Research Experience (OSRE) Program Summer 2021. Deadline is April 30th. The goal of this program is to increase student capabilities ...
- New Resources April 7, 2021Several new resources have emerged recently that the TOS community may find helpful in getting students and others started participating in open source communities. Marco Gerosa (POSSE alum), Georg Link, Gregorio Robles, Anita Sarma, Igor Steinmacher, Christoph Treude, Bianca Trinkenreich, Igor Wiese have updated the study ...
- Colloquium on Teaching Open Source for Educators March 28, 2021The Institute of Applied Open Source at Johns Hopkins University in combination with the OSPO++ Network.is presenting an online Community Colloquium on Teaching Open Source for Educators Fri, 16 April 2021, 10:00 – 15:30 EDT. The focus of the event is on the who, what, ...
- GSoC Opens March 29th March 15, 2021Google’s Summer of Code starts accepting student applications on Monday, March 29. The deadline to submit is Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 19:00 UTC. This year there are 202 open source mentoring organization with 31 organizations new this year. There are helpful resources for students ...
Blog posts from TOS Members
- Open and Online Educationby Heidi Ellis on January 10, 2021 at 4:08 pm
I really appreciate Bryan Behrenhausen. Bryan is a community architect in the Open Source Program Office at Red Hat. […]
- Open Source Community and Socially Distanced Educationby Heidi Ellis on December 29, 2020 at 11:11 pm
My Software Engineering class has come to a close and I’m turning my attention to the Capstone class this spring. The […]
- Leveraging COVID-19 in the Classroomby Heidi Ellis on July 12, 2020 at 6:46 pm
As the summer progresses, I’m finding a new rhythm to preparing my fall classes. It is clear that even though my […]
- Chatting with Studentsby Heidi Ellis on June 9, 2020 at 10:24 pm
The Western New England Center for Teaching and Learning is running a series of Zoom seminars on online tools that can […]
- 11th NSF Funded POSSE!by Heidi Ellis on March 31, 2019 at 9:50 pm
The foss2serve team hosted the 10th NSF-funded POSSE (Professors’ Open Source Software Experience) workshop in […]
- TOS Holds a Sprint to Develop FOSS Coursesby Greg Hislop on June 29, 2018 at 5:05 pm
A team of faculty involved with TeachingOpenSource (TOS) are working on four Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) […]