- OSI and OpenLogic 2021 State of Open Source Survey December 29, 2021The Open Source Initative (OSI) and OpenLogic by Perforce have created a new survey to provide understanding of the state of open source software. The survey is open to professionals who utilize open source software as part of their work and seeks information related to ...
- Deb Bryant gives TOS a Shout Out! October 13, 2021Deb Bryant, Senior Director, Open Source Program Office at Red Hat, mentioned TeachingOpenSource as one example community in her article “6 Examples Of Open Source Best Practices In Knowledge-Sharing Projects“. We’re in great company with the OSI, TODO Group, IEEE SA-OPEN, The Open Source Way, ...
- Linux Foundation 2021 Open Source Jobs Report October 6, 2021The Linux Foundation has just published The 2021 Open Source Jobs Report: 9th Annual Report on Critical Skills, Hiring Trends and Education. Open source continues to grow and some key observations include: 97% of hiring managers say hiring open source talent is a priority 50% of ...
- CROSS Symposium September 19, 2021On October 11-14, 2021, the Center for Research in Open Source Software (CROSS) will hold its 5th Annual Research Symposium — this will be a completely online event. Check out our preliminary agenda.Registration is now open. This year there is no registration fee.This four-day online Symposium will provide an opportunity to learn ...
- Open source will boost economy and increase digital autonomy, EU study says September 8, 2021BRUSSELS, 6/09/2021Today, the European Commission published a study on the impact of open source software (OSS and open source hardware (OSH on the European economy, conducted by Fraunhofer ISI and OpenForum Europe. Full report is available here. The study estimates that open source software contributes ...
- RIT Establishes Open Source Programs Office September 4, 2021Rochester Institute of Technology is creating an OSPO! RIT is in the process of creating an Open Source Programs office. Details are provided in the Opensource.com article.
Blog posts from TOS Members
- Open and Online Educationby Heidi Ellis on January 10, 2021 at 4:08 pm
I really appreciate Bryan Behrenhausen. Bryan is a community architect in the Open Source Program Office at Red Hat. […]
- Open Source Community and Socially Distanced Educationby Heidi Ellis on December 29, 2020 at 11:11 pm
My Software Engineering class has come to a close and I’m turning my attention to the Capstone class this spring. The […]
- Leveraging COVID-19 in the Classroomby Heidi Ellis on July 12, 2020 at 6:46 pm
As the summer progresses, I’m finding a new rhythm to preparing my fall classes. It is clear that even though my […]
- Chatting with Studentsby Heidi Ellis on June 9, 2020 at 10:24 pm
The Western New England Center for Teaching and Learning is running a series of Zoom seminars on online tools that can […]
- 11th NSF Funded POSSE!by Heidi Ellis on March 31, 2019 at 9:50 pm
The foss2serve team hosted the 10th NSF-funded POSSE (Professors’ Open Source Software Experience) workshop in […]
- TOS Holds a Sprint to Develop FOSS Coursesby Greg Hislop on June 29, 2018 at 5:05 pm
A team of faculty involved with TeachingOpenSource (TOS) are working on four Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) […]